Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TWD: Blueberry Crumb Cake (Muffins)

Another easy and delicious pick for Tuesdays with Dorie. Sihan of Fundamentally-Flawed picked the blueberry crumb cake. And let me just take a moment here and give a mad shout out to crumb toppings. I mean, seriously... is there anything more delicious than a crumb topping? And everytime I make one, I'm like.. DAMN. Why don't more baked goods have crumb toppings? More sugar and butter and nuts???? When is that EVER bad?

Ummm... pretty sure... NEVER. I halved the recipe and made muffins instead of the cake and even with overcooking the muffins a little (the crumb topping got a little TOO crunchy, but still delicious!!!) they turned out yummy. I couldn't stop picking at them... and the little pieces of nuts that stuck out of the topping.

And once I started picking at one of them...


I had a hard time stopping. Too bad I had to use frozen blueberries. These would have been amazing with fresh, in season blueberries.

Check out the recipe at Sihan's Blog.

9 comments:

Elyse said...

Nothing is better than a crumb topping (well, almost nothing). Your muffins look totally divine! I would stand there and pick at the topping, too! I have that horrible habit of totally picking at my favorite parts of the baked goods I make--of course, I end up picking so much that the actual baked good disappears!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Your muffins are beautiful! :) And I think I love the topping as much as you do!

chocolatechic said...

I agree....there is nothing bad about crumb topping.

Leslie said...

How smart to make cupcakes with cup liners. The blueberries made cleaning the pan a chore but this one was so worth it. Glad you loved it too!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the crumb topping! Your muffins look fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Yes, this was one fabulous crumb topping!

Engineer Baker said...

It's hard to say no to crumb topping, huh? Beautiful muffins!

TeaLady said...

Yep!! Crumb topping is awesome. It would make anything taste better.

Muffins look really good.

Unknown said...

Crumb topping is so yummy! Your muffins look great! I can't wait to try this recipe with blueberries (I used cranberries this time).